Monday, November 10, 2014

MACIZO

once again, hello all

i hope you guys arent tired of hearing from me. this week has been full of great adventures and spiritual experiences. its been a way good week. me and my new comp are killing it. we had 15 investigators at church yesterday. which is like a record somewhere. haha. and one of our investigators asked if i would baptize him this week. so im pretty nervous for that. but lets do it anyway.

adventures (if you could call them that) 

1. this week we are trying out a new lady to cook for us. we pay her like 25 bucks and she feeds us for 15 days. shes a great lady but the menu this week was beyond awful. this week i ate liver. i dont know what kind of liver. for all i know it was from a human. next i ate fish. and the people here dont scale or cut or do anything with these fish. it was horrific. head and everything. and then to top it off we ate crab soup. everyone got there own full crab in a bowl with soup ( hot salt water) poured over it. YUMMY. two of the elders threw up after. so that was entertaining.

2. these old ladies here love me. one this week said i looked like i was 24 years old. which made me so happy. i think that im getting alot taller. then this other old lady this week saw me when i walked into a house and walked over to me and just repeating " que bonito muchacho" which means "what a cute guy" and then she grabbed my hand and tried to pull me in for the real thing. luckily when she pulled me in she pulled me into a clothes line and it like wrapped around my neck and stopped her from kissing me. 

3. we were in a lesson. and somehow we got on the topic of how fat this ladies kid is. she was adiment that i know how fat her little kid was. so she went and chased him down and brought him over to me. and this kid is screaming bloody murder. just crying as hard as he can. but i knew we werent going to leave that house unless i pick up this fat kid. so i picked him up. turned out he wasnt so fat. but i was just really awkward for the rest of the lesson. 

4. today we went and hiked a mountain for p day. we started at 6 and i just barley got back like an hour ago. we hiked to this waterfall. and it was insane sweet. nothing like utah mountains but it was still awesome. i slipped and fell in the water. so the walk back sucked. 

5. and also. i was about 2 inches from getting hit by a car friday night. some car swerved at us. and an elder grabbed me by the arm and pulled me out of the way. THE LORD IS WATCHING OVER ME.

hope everyone is doing great. much love and prayers to all of you. dont forget about me in utah.

elder larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment